Users who has installed Windows 7 Build 7057 are reporting a startup bug where Desktop.ini Opens in Notepad on Every Boot. Fortunately the fix for this Windows 7 desktop.ini startup bug is very easy. Check out below instructions on how to fix Windows 7 Build 7057 desktop.ini bug.
1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
2. Delete desktop.ini
3. Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
4. Delete desktop.ini if present.
Thanks to chris123nt for providing this fix.
Method : 2
1. Under Folder Options -> View , select “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and un-check “Hide protected operating system files” so that you can see the hidden desktop.ini files.
2. Open the start orb and at the search type: shell:startup and press Enter. The start menu startup folder will open, where you will find a desktop.ini file. Delete it.
3. Open the start orb and at the search type: shell:common startup and press Enter. The “all users” start menu startup folder will open, where you will find a desktop.ini file. Delete it too.
4. Done. Reboot and the desktop.ini will not appear again.